Sunday, June 19, 2011

Midge Predicts the Weather

  “Hey Jake!” called Midge as she climbed the steps to the porch.  “What in the world are you doing?”
  “Just laying around enjoying the cool morning,” said Jake. “We sure haven’t had too many really nice cool days this year.”
   “I know it,” said Midge.  “It is going to be a really cold winter though,” said Midge.
   “And you are who?” laughed Jake.  “The local weather dog?”
   “That is my prediction today,” said Midge. “It is going to be a cold winter this year.”

   “Yeah, right,” said Jake.  “You are too funny Midge.”
   Jake was laughing so hard at Midge that he fell off the porch into the bushes below.
  “You don’t believe me Jake?” asked Midge
  “You can’t predict the weather Midge,” said Jake. “How can that be your prediction? You probably heard that on TV.”
  “I don’t know,” said Midge. “I heard someone on TV the other day talking about their predictions and figured I could do the same thing.”
  “What a joke,” said Jake. “You are so cute Midge.  You think you can do anything just because you heard it on TV.”
   “Well, I might be able to,” said Midge. “How do you know I can’t?  I'm smart you know.”
   “Do you want to go see Snappy and see if you can fool him too?” asked Jake.
   “Well, I might be able to fool him. He is so gullible,” said Midge.  “Guess you are too smart for me.”
   “Come on Midge,” said Jake.  “I’m only having fun with you, but Snappy might get a kick out of you having a prediction.  Want to go joke around with him?”
   “Sure, lets go,” said Midge.
   The two of them ran across the street and over to the park looking for Snappy.  They found him next to the pond dozing off in the hot sun. 
   “Hey Snappy,” called Jake.  “Guess what?”
   “What is it Jake?” asked Snappy.  “Hi Midge.”
   “Did you know that Midge has a prediction about the weather?” asked Jake. "She is predicting a really cold winter.  And she knows it is true."
    Snappy laughed so hard that he rolled down the hill into the pond. 
   “Very funny!” said Midge.
   “I don’t think you fooled Snappy,” said Jake. “He knows you.”
   “Fine,” said Midge. “Lets forget this prediction thing and have some fun, but we will see if I am right when winter comes. ”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T