Thursday, June 9, 2011

Midge Sings

  “Heavenly shades of night are falling, it’s twilight time.  Out of the mist your voice is calling, it’s twilight time,” sang Midge as she danced across the front porch.  “When purple colored curtains mark the end of the day, I hear you my dear at twilight time.”
  “What are you singing Midge?” asked Jake as he approached the porch.
   “Hi rhere Jake.  I’m singing Twilight Time. Do you like it?” asked Midge.
   “You sure sound pretty Midge,” said Jake.
   “I’m glad you like it,” said Midge.
  “I didn’t know you could sing,” said Jake.

  “I just don’t like to let anyone hear me, so I never sing when anyone is around.  You snuck up on me,” said Midge.
  “But you sound good,” stated Jake.
  “Thanks Jake,” smiled Midge. “but don’t you tell anyone else that you heard me sing.”
   “But why not?” asked Jake. “You don’t want anyone to know?”
   “No!” shouted Midge.
   “Okay, I promise not to tell anyone,” said Jake as he crossed his little toes.
   “I sure don’t like the way you said that promise,” said Midge.
   “Now, why don’t you trust me?” asked Jake.
   “Yeah, right,” said Midge.  “Wonder why I don’t trust you.  Ha ha ha.”
   “Have I ever broken a promise to you Midge?” asked Jake.
   “Don’t answer that Jake,” said Booker-T as he wandered up the sidewalk to join them.
   “Hi Booker-T,” greeted Midge.
   “Why shouldn’t I answer her?” asked Jake.
   “It could get you into trouble,” said Booker-T.  “You know how women are.”
   “Real funny Booker-T,” said Midge. 
  “What are you two talking about?”  asked Booker-T. 
   “Midge and her singing,” stated Jake.
   “Jake! I thought you weren’t going to tell anyone!” snapped Midge.
   “Whoops! Sorry Midge,” said Jake.  “It came right out before I knew it.”
   “You can sing?” asked Booker-T.
   “A little,” said Midge.
   “Wow! That is cool,” said Booker-T.  “What can you sing?”
   “I only know one song and it’s called ‘Twilight Time’. It is a song that my mistress likes to listen to all the time and I like it too,” said Midge.
   “Sing it for us Midge,” said Booker-T.
   “No!” said Midge.
   “Oh, come on and sing.  I won’t laugh. I promise,” said Booker-T.
   “Sure you won’t. I don’t trust the two of you and your promises,” said Midge.
   “Come on, just a small sample,” begged Booker-T. “I bet you are good.”
   “Okay,” said Midge.  “Just a little bit.  ‘Heavenly shades of night are falling, it’s twilight time.  Out of the mist your voice is calling, it’s twilight time.  When purple colored curtains mark the end of the day, I hear you my dear, it’s twilight time.”
  “That is real good Midge,” smiled Booker-T.
   Midge smiled as she blushed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T