Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Let’s Play in the Sunshine

   “Hey Jake!” Where are you?” called Booker-T as he strolled up the sidewalk to the front porch where Jake is usually enjoying the sunshine.  “Come on out ole buddy.”
   “Why all the excitement Booker-T?” asked Jake as he came around the corner from the back yard.
   “Have you seen Midge this morning?” asked Booker-T.  “I thought she liked being out here in the warm sunshine.  I didn’t see her at home, so thought she might be over here with you.”

   “I haven’t seen her this morning yet,” said Jake.  “She should be coming over any time now.  I’m sure glad she is speaking to you again.  You sure made her mad when you put that mouse in her doghouse a couple nights ago.”
   “I didn’t want to make her mad,” said Booker-T.  “I guess with only the small moon out, it didn’t give enough light and she didn’t see it very well.  I was only trying to play a joke on her.  I didn’t mean to scare her.”
   “You know Midge gets frightened easily,” said Jake.  "Whatever were you thinking Booker-T?  You know Midge is afraid of mice.  She never got over that mouse running up on her when she was sleeping on her back porch a couple weeks ago.”
   “I guess I wasn’t thinking at all,” said Booker-T. “After she got mad, I promised her that I wouldn’t do that again.”
   “That must have been hard to do,” said Jake.  “You like playing jokes on Midge and now you promised not to. That must be hard to do.”
   “I didn't promise not to joke with her.  I only promised not to scare her again.  You know me, I love playing jokes on Midge,” said Booker-T. 
   “I’m glad you won't be doing anything more that can scare her.  Just be careful what you joke around with.,” said Jake.  “I sure hate seeing Midge upset and scared like that.”
   “Me too,” said Booker-T.  “Well, speak of the little gal, here she comes.  Hi Midge.”
   “Hi you two,” said Midge.  “What are you doing this morning?  The sun is shinning so pretty this morning.  How about we go to the park and find Snappy and Gabby and play in the sunshine.  It feels so good this morning.”
   “Let’s go,” said Jake.
   “You should have seen the park last night Jake,” said Midge.  "The moon was out really bright and it was so neat to see the trees casting their shadows across the grass and the pond.  The moon was so big and pretty.”
   “You are a silly romantic Midge,” said Jake.
   “But she is cute, Jake,” smiled Booker-T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T