Thursday, June 9, 2011

Booker-T the Hunter

   “Jake!  Midge!” called Booker-T as he turned the corner and ran up the sidewalk to the front porch where he found Midge and Jake napping.  “Wake up you two!”
   “What is going on Booker-T?” asked Jake. 
   “Hi Booker-T,” said Midge. “Where are you going?”
   “I’m on my way to the park to do some hunting,” said Booker-T. “You know me, Booker-T the hunter.”

   “What are you going hunting for?” asked Midge.  “And why are you going hunting?”
   “Mice,” said Booker-T.  “I’m going to hunt for mice.”
   “Oh, wow, the big hunter!” laughed Midge.  “Hunting for little tiny mice.” 
   “Well, now Midge, isn’t that what cats are supposed to hunt for?” asked Booker-T.
   “You like chasing little mice?” asked Jake. "They are pretty fast little runners."
   “I was raised by my mama to chase the mice for food,” said Booker-T.  “They are little scrawny things. They are fast, but ole Booker-T here is faster.”
   “Oooh, yuck,” said Midge. “I don’t want to eat a mouse.  They sure can’t taste good.  Maybe they need gravy on them.”
   “Gravy?  On a mouse?” laughed Booker-T.  “Now where would I get some gravy for a good mouse?”
   “I don’t know,” said Midge.  “But I will bet it would make the mouse taste better.”
   “I’m glad you are the hunter and not me,” said Jake. “I would not like having to chase down a mouse for food.  I’m glad my mistress just puts out a bowl of good food for me.”
   “Same here Jake,” said Midge.  “Nice to have a good bowl of food that you don’t have to chase down.”
   “I’m a good hunter too,” stated Booker-T.  "My mistress gives me a nice bowl of food, but I still like the hunt.  It's fun to chase them down and even better when I catch them.  Sometimes I let them do."
   “Well then, when you get done with your hunting mice, do you want to come play with us at the park?” asked Jake.
   “Sure!” said Booker-T as he ran off in the direction of the park to start his hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T